Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year! Unhappy weather!

Snowbound in NJ, I have relented to my fate: New Year's Eve with the parental units + their friends. I've never liked New Year's Eve. So, I plan to celebrate in costume, as Lieutenant Dan from Forrest Gump.



Just kidding! I'm looking forward to it. In the meantime, I'm still in my pajamas, let's do some more celebrity comparisons:

I got my new spectacles this morning. Hooray--I've always wanted to be sight-impaired, so with the slightest hint of a prescription and a baby astigmatism in my left eye, I marched down to the optical shop and picked out these beauties.


And what does dad say? "Lovely glasses, daughter!"? "You look brilliant, gorgeous, and successful!"? No. How about, "You look like Michael Caine!"

For your consideration:


Or maybe, coy Michael:


God forbid if this is the image I conjure:


Also, I went as Darth Maul to my family's yearly holiday outing in NYC. Welcome to the Darkside:


Darth Lauren:

Peace, 2009. You were a real wild card. 2010, pleased to meet you!

1 comment:

  1. I never really thought Michael Caine existed before "The Cider House Rules." Then I went to his IMDB page and realized that statistically, if you were throwing a dart at a Michael Caine movie, he barely exists after Cider House Rules.

    ReplyDelete