This "winter" (it was 85 F today), four mornings out of seven I wake up to see a wall of white in front of my windows. With the city centre and the gulf and some pretty substantial skyscrapers-in-the-making just a few hundred yards away from my apartment--this can be a little unsettling. At first, I thought they were sandstorms, but I was wrong--sandstorms (besides being really windy and dusty) block out the sun, so even when it's day out it looks like night. We haven't had a serious one yet this year. Rather, what I've described is the super dense fog that concentrates overnight in the downtown area. So this is no dry heat here in Qatar, believe me! By 9 or 10, the fog begins to evaporate and here's the result, captured on my ride to work. Amazing, huh?




They make me think of the Ivory Tower in
The Neverending Story, but I can't get lost in that daydream too long or I'll be rear-ended.
In other news, VCUQ freshmen are invading Richmond for a week of art classes. If you see Qatari or Middle Eastern kids, who are awesome, say heeeeeey!! Tell them to eat one of Nate's Tacos!
Also...Katie and Tim, en route to KOREA!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment