Last night, Jesse and Felicity had a barbeque and besides being delicious and fun, it was a total cute-fest. They have two great dogs, Riley (an American Foxhound) and Lacey ( a locally adopted saluki). Lacey is the sweetest dog ever--the animal version of Xanax, calm and affectionate and very graceful. Like a more endearing version of a greyhound. She just walks up to you and leans gently into you till you pet her to death. I want a saluki! I'm so animal-starved. Also, there was Dobie (a cocker with HUGE paws) and Diego--a crazy pekingnese/chihuahua mix--owned by Joanna and Matthew (two new VCU pals). Hilarious squirrel-dog with no true idea of his actual size. Hit of the night...
Here's Lacey:
And Diego (surprisingly hard to get a picture of him, he was very coy around the camera!):
And babies were there too! Claire and Hannah and Jay--all cheeks and crocs and shrieks and smiles!
After my Eid morning, I'm going with a group of faculty to the Inland Sea, about an hour south of Doha, for a late afternoon swim/picnic, and desert stargazing. But right now, I'm rearranging my apartment because it seems like we'll be staying at 44 West Bay till the end of the semester, at least. Look forward to a video tour, sooner or later! Did a dry run today, but the results would've made you all motionsick.
Last, but definitely not least, here's the adorable Bean, just so she knows I haven't forgotten about her:

aww, you should of left her with me. she loves a placement hanky
ReplyDelete