Sick of your baby's natural stink? Douse the little fellow with some Johnson's baby cologne and light up his cigarette. Problem solved.
After Lulu and some snacking, I attended the Best Buddies 2 Year Birthday Gala at the Four Seasons. It was conducted entirely in Arabic, but Tammi and I still managed to have a good time (we are faculty co-advisors of VCU's chapter).
This is Tammi after she was forced to remove a rubber BB bracelet from a bowl of strawberry marshmallows using only her teeth! Talent!
While at the Four Seasons, I was able to see Gina Lollobrigida's work IN THE FLESH (see March 8th entry). Please tell me how this woman:

was able to create a bronzed sculpture of Esmerelda on this scale:
It boggles the mind.
Further mindboggling: The MOST EXPENSIVE COCKTAIL IN QATAR (available at the Four Seasons). Something to shoot for:
Friday morning was lovely, so I conducted a impromptu investigation into Doha waverunners with Felicity. Turns out, about 2 minutes from my tower, you can rent one for $70/hr, and there are literally NO RULES when it comes to where you go with them. It's the Wild West of Water Sports. The man who runs the "company" (really just 10 waverunners lined up on the beach) handed us lifejackets and said, "If you fall off and drown, we will not come get you." And that was that. So we cruised around like real hoodlums in the bay. Fun! While laughing maniacally, I fulfilled my need for speed and saw some jumping fish and some speedboats and seaweed that looked like poo and got a great view of my apartment building and the skyline from the water. I did not, however, perfect my figure eights and loopties, etc. We build to that.
Today, I saw Shutter Island and held my body tense for the entirety of it. It's been awhile since I've been to the theatre and it's all I want to talk about right now. Some parts were so great; some were not so great! ARGH! Go see it! I need to vent! Also, I find I am still in love with Leonardo DiCaprio.
Finally, Line and I went to the W for dinner and came home to broken elevators, thus re-enacting this scene from Season One of Mad Men. Twenty-two stories! Vom!
And now I'm going to bed. Happy birthday, Emily Collier! Dance, dance, dance!

Ah! I saw Shutter Island. I feel the same way. I was underwhelmed and not at scared as I thought I would be. And I scare easy.
ReplyDeletewave runners and shutter island, that said you are NOT BORING my child
ReplyDelete