
Tonight we are going to the opening gala/premiere of the film festival to see the stars and watch Outside the Law. Red carpet! Gold seats! Bobby DeNiro! VIP parking! The hub for the film festival is Katara, the newly opened cultural village, which is a wild and magnificent setting on its own. If you remember anything from my report of last year's inaugural DTFF, the highlight, at least for me, was sitting in lawn chairs with my feet in the grass outside the Museum of Islamic Art and watching Cairo Time. Though the venue will not provide grassy toes (a true pleasure here in the desert), it will provide a very dramatic and very expensively lit backdrop of the gulf and the West Bay area. So exciting.
Other films on the docket:
Miral
Balls!
Grandma: A Thousand Times
The First Grader (closing film+ fireworks, I hope I hope!)
Film is life. Life is good! I'll let you know how the week goes.

Gold seats sound uncomfortable, unlike the finest chairs which can be sat-upon for a mere 200 cents here in Richmond-towne at the Byrd Theater. But seriously, was there really a film called "Balls!?"
ReplyDelete